What is the VC Fellowship?
Our VC Fellowship supports current venture investors looking to advance their careers, new GPs investing through their first fund cycle, experienced entrepreneurs and operators, and deep subject matter experts.
The format is three modules – each three days in duration and spread out over a six-month long fellowship with digital touchpoints and project work set between these modules.
Our fellows will gain the network, knowledge, and skills needed to thrive in the venture ecosystem including:
Accelerated learning and networking from world-class faculty and experienced practitioner experts
A strong community of life-long peers with whom to co-invest, follow-on, source from, raise from, raise with, and navigate fund cycles together
Distance learning, exercises and networking opportunities in between the teaching modules
On-campus meals with peer fellows and faculty and practitioner guests
Visits to venture firms across the ecosystem
Certificate of Achievement
What you will learn
- Demystifying valuation, identifying cashflow needs & financial planning
- Balance technical, emotional and experiential insights to find and win deals
- Take your analytical skills in venture finance to the next level
- The Value of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Venture Capital
- Identify opportunities and find new value in the venture ecosystem
*Subject to change
- Realise value, execute strategy and achieve ambitions in companies and in yourself
- Identify tools and techniques from business strategy and beyond best suited to VC
- Scaling up from the founders perspective and how to learn from it
- Negotiation and influencing to realise your strategic ambition
- Measuring and assessing Business Models and Strategies
*Subject to change
- Fundraising & Limited Partners
- The future of tech and its impact of value realisation Deep tech, AI, Machine Learning
- Tools and opportunities for further network building
- Next-generation of VCS
- Understanding the mechanics of scale and building partnerships
*Subject to change
Testimonials (NVP01 OR quotes from Saul etc)
The VC Fellowship will be based at London Business School, with on-site visits to offices of firms within the VC ecosystem. The format will be 3 by 3: three modules–each three days in duration–spread out over a 6-month long fellowship based at London Business School. There will also be online learning and project work set between these modules.
Our first flagship VC Fellowship will take place over the following dates:
- Module 1: 27-29th April
- Module 2: 22-24th June
- Module 3: 21st-23rd Sept
There will also be digital touchpoints and project work set between these modules.
The VC Fellowship will include a module specially designed for those who not only want to be an investor but also raise and manage their own venture fund.
1. Integrate overlooked and underestimated people in venture: Newton aims to make the practice of venture globally accessible and locally representative of the population it serves: Our explicit mission is to increase the diversity of investors across the entire ecosystem
2. Integrate end-to-end venture ecosystem: from TTO to IPO, Newton will serve the innovation economy through bridging network and knowledge gaps between research and investment institutions – amplifying the impact of R&D
3. Integrate top-tier practitioners and academic experts: Leverage the deep expertise of experienced practitioners who have achieved top-decile global investment returns. Distil lessons across the macro landscape from faculty experts in entrepreneurship, finance, and strategy.
Following the Newton course, our fellows will gain the network, knowledge, and skills needed to thrive in the venture ecosystem.
- Accelerated learning and networking from world-class faculty and experienced practitioner experts
- A strong community of life-long peers with whom to co-invest, follow-on, source from, raise from, raise with, and navigate fund cycles together
- Visits to venture firms across the ecosystem
- On-campus meals with peer fellows and faculty and practitioner guests
- Distance learning, exercises and networking opportunities between modules
- Certificate of Achievement
This program is aimed at those who have either:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an investor or working at an investment firm or technology transfer office
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in the startup ecosystem, as a founder or operator
The Program supports current venture investors looking to advance their careers, new GPs investing through their first fund cycle, experienced entrepreneurs and operators, and deep subject matter experts.
Newton has an explicit mission to make the venture ecosystem more diverse, inclusive, and accessible to the population it serves. Newton cohorts will represent the future of venture investors: at least 50% of Newton learners will be from overlooked and underestimated backgrounds.
We run regular cycles throughout the year for both our VC Fundamentals and VC Fellowship offerings. Please make sure you are following us on Twitter and LinkedIn to see when applications are next open. You can also sign up for our newsletter here to keep up to date with application dates and other Newton Venture Program news.
We use BeApplied.com to run a blind recruitment process.
Blind recruitment means just that: There is no interview; we have no idea what your CV looks like, which schools you went to, who employs you, whether or not you’re employed, etc. Instead, we assess motivation, grit, and your ability to overcome challenges rather than focusing solely on past achievements…all the things that make a great venture capitalist!
Successful applicants will be invited to interview with a member of the Newton team.
The program fee is £9,950.
Newton works with funding partners across the VC ecosystem to ensure that inability to pay is no barrier to entry.
For the VC Fundamentals program, we offer a limited number of scholarships starting at 25% of the course fee–for candidates for whom the course fee poses a significant financial burden. You can read our Scholarship FAQs here.
No. We can provide you with a formal acceptance letter on Company letterhead confirming your acceptance to the Newton Venture Program should you need it to apply for entry into the UK to attend the 3-day modules.
Yes – previous fellows have successfully asked their employers to pay for some or all of their program fees as part of their Learning & Development budget.
We can support you by providing you with a sponsorship letter confirming your acceptance to Newton; you can read more about Sponsorship here.
Your employer can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any further questions.