Why does Newton exist?
At Newton Venture Program, we are on a mission to disrupt the VC ecosystem.
Seven of the ten world’s largest companies were catalysed by venture capital, creating trillions in market value and millions of jobs worldwide.
Yet the venture capital ecosystem is still not representative of the world we live in and the population it serves.
That’s where the Newton Venture Program comes in.
Newton offers training and development programs to help people accelerate their careers in venture, globally.
Our cohorts represent the future we wish to see in VC: 50% of our fellows come from overlooked and underestimated backgrounds.
With our unique blend of faculty and practitioner teaching, we are training the investors of tomorrow to back the companies of the future.
- 10 weeks, 2 hour 15 mins weekly session with self-paced resources
- A network of other ambitious fellows, with cohort socials and networking events
- Opportunities to learn from top-tier practitioners across the ecosystem
- Ongoing access to all our learning resources
- Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing through alumni peer fellowship groups
- Remote learning environment, designed to fit around a professional schedule
- Three modules – each 3 days over a 6-month fellowship
- Distance learning, exercises and networking opportunities in between the teaching modules
- Accelerated learning and networking from world-class faculty and experienced practitioner experts
- A strong community of life-long peers with whom to co-invest, follow-on etc and navigate fund cycles together
- Experiential experiences across the ecosystem
How is Newton different to other programs?
Integrate overlooked and underestimated people in venture
Newton aims to make the practice of venture globally accessible and locally representative of the population it serves: Our explicit mission is to increase the diversity of investors across the entire ecosystem.
Integrate end-to-end venture ecosystem
From TTO to IPO: Newton will serve the innovation economy through bridging network and knowledge gaps between research and investment institutions – amplifying the impact of R&D.
Integrate top-tier practitioners and academic experts
Leverage deep expertise of experienced practitioners who have achieved top-decile global investment returns. Distil lessons across the macro landscape from faculty experts in entrepreneurship, finance, and strategy.
Hear from our fellows 👇
Without Newton, I could never have…
- …met my co-founders of our fund.
- … had a full understanding of venture capital.
- …developed the confidence to start investing.
- … pitched my startup to a top-decile VC practitioner.
- …become a part of a global network of like-minded individuals passionate about enhancing innovation.
- … performed well in an internship interview and shortly after started working in a fund to gain real-world experience of being a VC.